Thursday, March 3, 2011

Slow Cooker Pork BBQ Sandwiches

We love this recipe and when we make it, we know we will have plenty for leftovers. I love the crock pot. And I love to try new recipes with the crock pot. It makes things so easy. And it makes your house smell yummy throughout the day!

I got this recipe from the magazine Mixing Bowl.com.

We didnt have hamburger buns, but we did have potatoes. So I baked us some potatoes and we have BBQ potatoes. Yum.

Slow Cooker Pork BBQ Sandwiches

3 pounds boneless pork shoulder
1 cup favorite bbq sauce
1/2 cup chopped onion

Place all ingredients in a 5 to 5 1/2 quart slow cooker. (I have no idea what quart of a crock pot I have... just a regular one.. and it worked fine). Cook on low for 8 to 10 hours. Remove meat and shred using two forks. Return to cooker and mix to coat meat. Serve hot on sandwich buns (or potatoes).

note: I did add a little bit more BBQ sauce after shredding the pork.
note: I have also done this same recipe with a beef roast.. works just as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment