Thursday, January 23, 2014

Stuffing Chicken

I am attempting to find what works best for our family, as far as planning our meals go.  Craig and I really want to minimize the amount of eating out we do in 2014.  In fact, we challenged ourselves to not eat out in January, and we are still going strong.  (With the exception that we had money that we had to use by January 31st at the country club, and I had a birthday celebration with friends that I couldnt miss out on!)

We also want to reduce the amount of food that we waste at our house.  So, although I still love freezer cooking and plan to still do it some.  I am attempting the plan a menu for once a week and shop once a week. I figure if we buy less, we will use what we buy and therefore waste less.  We will see.

So far it is going great. I feel organized.  I am planning meals based on what I already have in the pantry/freezer and what is on sale (mainly at Sprouts and Uptown Market in Edmond).

This recipe I had pinned on Pinterest.  I liked that it had 4 ingredients, most of which I already had.  I did subsitute chicken thighs for the chicken breasts because that is what was on sale at Sprouts this week. And I baked the chicken instead of doing it in the crock pot.  Just worked out better for our schedule.

Anyway, its really yummy.  Craig loved it and suggested next time doing it with turkey breasts.. he said "then it would be his favorite meal ever.."  So there you go.

Stuffing Chicken

What you Need:

3-4 thawed chicken breasts (or thighs)
6 oz package of stove top stuffing mix (we had the sage variety in our pantry)
1/2 cup sour cream
1 can cream of chicken soup

What You Do:
Put in the crockpot on low for 4 hours or bake at 350 for 45 minutes or until chicken is done.

YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment