Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Creamy Taco Salad

This is one of our very favorite go to recipes! I got this recipe of a friend of mine's blog. We grew up together in the same neighborhood. I love that it is so easy, and really something that you make all the time, but is just alittle different. We all really loved the flavors.

Creamy Taco Salad

creamy taco salad
1.5 lbs ground turkey, browned and drained
1 can light red kidney beans, undrained
1 package taco seasoning
1 8 oz bottle of fat free thousand island dressing- I did not use the full 8 oz. I just kinda squeezed till it looked creamy and then tasted it. You know thousand island dressing is pretty sweet, so I didnt want it TOO sweet.
and of course... all of your regular taco salad items such as tortilla chips, lettuce, tomatoes, cheese etc!

brown meat and drain. place meat back in pan and add beans, seasoning and dressing. cook over low heat until warm. then just "build" your salad as you like...

I seriously think you should try this recipe! :)

1 comment:

  1. I made this last night for my fam and they loved it. I grocery shop for 2 weeks at a time and I'm making 4 or 5 of your recipes. Thanks for sharing!

    You, your husband and precious baby McKinley are in my daily prayers. God bless.

    ReplyDelete