Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Crockpot Mongolian Beef

My FAVORITE dish to get at PF Changs or Pei Wei is their Mongolian Beef. It is just so yummy. So when I saw this recipe on Pinterest, I knew that we needed to try it. I made it one day when my parents were over helping up finish painting our living room. We all loved it. The only suggestion is I would do LESS red pepper. It was REALLY spicy. Even Craig thought it was a bit much and he likes spice in his food. So I will probably half the red pepper next time, but thats up to you! :)

Crockpot Mongolian Beef

What You Need:
1 1/2 lb. ball tip steak or flank steak
3 cloves garlic, minced
4 sliced green onions
1 t. dried onion
1/2 c. soy sauce
1/4 c. white wine
1/4 c. cooking sherry
1/2 T. white wine vinegar
1 t. sesame oil
1 t. molasses
1 t. ginger
1/4 t. black pepper
1 t. red chili flakes
1/2 T. peanut butter
3 T. brown sugar
1/4 c. cornstarch

1) Slice meat thin, put in baggie with cornstarch.
2) Put all liquid and dry spices into crockpot, add PB, mix well.
3) Add garlic and 3 green onions. Put meat on top, toss gingerly.
4) Cover and cook on low 4-6 hours (mine took around 4).

No comments:

Post a Comment