Thursday, February 24, 2011

Spaghetti Pie

I follow a website called the Coupon Closet, because she is AWESOME and does all the hard work of couponing.. all I have to do it cut the coupons, and go to the store (which is my down fall). I have GOT to get back to couponing. I love it,and it seriously saves us some serious money. But for some reason, we have had quite a few distractions lately. Ugh.

Well, she posts recipes sometimes too, that she makes for her rather large family. I noticed one the other day and decided that I would make it, of course with my changes. I made it for a couple of girls that were coming over for dinner and to help me with cleaning my house and watching Jackson... well I had a bit of a "pregnancy scare" that will be covered in my other blog, after I figure out the right words... so they made it while I was gone. They loved it! And I loved the leftovers. You should try it!

Spaghetti Pie

6-8 oz of spaghetti (my box had 16 oz, I used alittle more than half)
1 lb ground beef (I used ground turkey)
1 onion (I only chopped up half a white onion)
1 clove of garlic minced
1 jar spaghetti sauce (I used Ragu Onion and Garlic flavored)
1 cup ricotta cheese or cottage cheese (I used ricotta)
3 tablespoons butter
2 eggs beaten
1/2 cup parmesan cheese
mozzerella cheese or italian blend

-Cook pasta according to directions. Drain and let cool for a little bit.
-Add beaten egg, 3 tablespoons of butter and 1/2 cup of parmesan cheese to the pasta. Stir to combine.
-Spray a 9x13 pan.
-Lay the pasta in the bottom of the pan to set the "crust"
-Put ricotta cheese on top of the pasta layer
-Brown onion, garlic and meat together. Combine with the spaghetti sauce.
-Put meat mixture on top of the ricotta layer.
-Top with mozzerella cheese.
-Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.

YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment