Friday, March 11, 2011

A Different Cheese Dip

Everybody loves the cheese dip with Velveeta and Rotel... yum! Well this is just as delicious, IF not more so! And just as easy!

I got this recipe from my mom, who got it from my aunt who lives in Houston!

A Different Cheese Dip

2 8 oz bars of cream cheese (I use the low fat, I am not sure how the fat free melts)
2 cans of Rotel (I use mild, and have recently discovered the Walmart brand.. let me tell you.. tastes JUST the same)
1 lb sausage (you know.. like Jimmy Dean)

-Brown the sausage
-Combine, the cream cheese, rotel and sausage in a slow cooker. Until melted.
-Serve with chips... YUM!

(Ok, the last time I made this, I kept the cream cheese out for a couple of hours to let it soften. It helped with the cooking process. By helped with, I mean it shortened the length of time it needed to cook in the slow cooker.)

No comments:

Post a Comment