Monday, March 14, 2011

Peanut Butter Brownies

I love reading blogs! They are so much fun! And I love love love finding fun recipe blogs that give me even more fun things to try out.

I found this particular recipe from this blog.

I knew we just had to try it! My friend, Julie came over one evening to catch up, so it was a perfect time to try it!!

Peanut Butter Brownies

2 boxes Brownie mix with chocolate chunks

Peanut Butter layer:
1/2 C. peanut butter
2 C. powdered sugar
1/2 C. butter
2 tsp. milk

Chocolate Glaze:
1 C. chocolate chips
1/4 C. butter

Mix brownies according to the directions on the box. Line a 13 x 9 pan with foil (or parchment paper) and spray with pam. Bake brownies.

Let cool at least an hour. Mix 1/2 C. butter (softened), peanut butter, powdered sugar and milk with mixer until smooth. Remove brownies from pan, remove foil and place on a tray. Ice brownies with peanut butter filling.

Melt 1/4 C. butter and chocolate chips in microwave. Stir together until smooth. Spread across the top of the peanut butter filling. Chill in fridge for at least 30 minutes. Store in fridge and either eat chilled, room temp, or warmed up.

Makes lots! Super rich so you can cut them small.

Tips:
When I made these, I did not need to make such a big batch so I just did one box of mix in an 8 x 8 dish. I still made the full amount of PB even though I had cut the brownies in half. It made for a thick, fluffy layer. Then I cut the chocolate glaze recipe in half.

We discovered after Julie left, if you put the brownies in the microwave for us a few seconds, it make all the difference. SO SO yummy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment